Star Cement LLC was incorporated 19th December-2001, a ISO 9001 and 14001 certified company in United Arab Emirates. Subsequently in 2010 it became part of UltraTech Cement, a leading multination cement company and part of global conglomerate Aditya Birla Group. With over 60 years (since 1948) of experience in cement, clinker and concrete etc., UltraTech infused the brand heritage in Star Cement. Star Cement is now marketing all of its product across markets under single brand, “UltraTech”. UltraTech as a brand embodies 'strength', 'reliability' and 'innovation'. Together, these attributes inspire engineers to stretch the limits of their imagination to create homes, buildings and structures that define the new age.
Star Cement has emerged as a major premium cement manufacturer in the Persian Gulf and Indian Ocean Rim. With the ultramodern Clinkerization unit in Ras-al-Khaimah and sublime quality limestone mines in Fujairah, Star Cement produces over 2.5 MTPA premium grade clinker to satisfy customers across Indian Ocean Rim and Gulf. Star Cement has 4 agile Grinding Units with over 3.5 MTPA capacity, close to market for a faster and responsive service to customers. (Ajman (UAE), Abu Dhabi (UAE), Manama (Bahrain).
Star cement thrives on 5 group values “Integrity- Commitment – Passion – Seamlessness – Speed” to manufacture and market high quality cement and clinker across the region. It manufactures various ASTM,BSEN standard grades along with special grades based on customer or structural requirement.
UltraTech Cement Ltd. is the largest manufacturer of grey cement, Ready Mix Concrete (RMC) and white cement in India. It is also one of the leading cement producers globally. UltraTech as a brand embodies 'strength', 'reliability' and 'innovation'. Together, these attributes inspire engineers to stretch the limits of their imagination to create homes, buildings and structures that define the new India.
The company has an installed capacity of 69.3 Million Tonnes Per Annum (MTPA) of grey cement. UltraTech Cement has 13 integrated plants, 1 clinkerisation plant, 19 grinding units and 7 bulk terminals. Its operations span across India, UAE, Bahrain and Sri Lanka. UltraTech Cement is also India's largest exporter of cement reaching out to meet the demand in countries around the Indian Ocean and the Middle East.
In the white cement segment, UltraTech goes to market under the brand name of Birla White. It has a white cement plant with a capacity of 0.56 MTPA and 2 WallCare putty plants with a combined capacity of 0.8 MTPA.
With 100+ Ready Mix Concrete (RMC) plants in 35 cities, UltraTech is the largest manufacturer of concrete in India. It also has a slew of speciality concretes that meet specific needs of discerning customers.
Our Building Products business is an innovation hub that offers an array of scientifically engineered products to cater to new-age constructions. Aerated Autoclaved Concrete (AAC) blocks are economical, light-weight blocks ideal for high-rise buildings, while Dry Mix Products include waterproofing, grouting and plastering solutions designed for faster completion of projects. The retail format of UltraTech Building Solutions offers a wide range of construction products to the end customers under one roof.
With a significant presence in the grey and white cement, concrete and building products segments as well as providing 360 degree building solutions, UltraTech is the one-stop shop for every primary construction need. Its meteoric rise as India’s largest cement brand reflects on the organisation's focus on cutting edge technology, research and technical services.
UltraTech Cement provides a range of products that cater to the various aspects of construction, from foundation to finish. These include:
• Ordinary Portland Cement, Portland Blast Furnace Slag Cement and Portland Pozzalana Cement under grey cement
• White cement, WallCare putty and white cement based products under Birla White
• Ready Mix Concrete and a range of specialty concretes with specific functional properties under UltraTech Concrete
• AAC blocks, waterproofing solutions, grouting solutions and plastering solutions under UltraTech Building Products
UltraTech’s subsidiaries are Dakshin Cements Limited, Harish Cement Limited, Gotan Limestone Khauj Udyog Private Limited, Bhagwati Limestone Company Private Limited, UltraTech Cement Lanka (Pvt.) Ltd., UltraTech Cement Middle East Investments Limited, PT UltraTech Mining Indonesia and PT UltraTech Investments Indonesia.
UltraTech’s parent company, the Aditya Birla Group, is in the league of Fortune 500 companies. It employs a diverse workforce comprising of 120,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities across 36 countries. The Group has been ranked number 4 in the global 'Top Companies for Leaders' survey and ranked number 1 in Asia Pacific for 2011. 'Top Companies for Leaders' is the most comprehensive study of organisational leadership in the world conducted by Aon Hewitt, Fortune Magazine and RBL (a strategic HR and Leadership Advisory firm). The Group has topped the Nielsen's Corporate Image Monitor three years in a row -- 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15 as the number 1 corporate, the 'Best in Class'.
THE ADITYA BIRLA GROUP: A PREMIUM GLOBAL CORPORATION
A US $41 billion (Rs. 2,50,000 crore) corporation, the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. Anchored by an extraordinary force of over 120,000 employees, belonging to 42 nationalities. Over 50 per cent of its revenues flow from its overseas operations spanning 36 countries.
The Aditya Birla Group has been ranked fourth in the world and first in Asia Pacific in the ‘Top Companies for Leaders’ study 2011, conducted by Aon Hewitt, Fortune Magazine and RBL (a strategic HR and leadership Advisory firm). The Group has topped the Nielsen's Corporate Image Monitor 2014-15 and emerged as the Number one corporate, the 'Best in Class', for the third consecutive year.
Globally, the Aditya Birla Group is:
• A metals powerhouse, among the world's most cost-efficient aluminium and copper producers. Hindalco-Novelis is the largest aluminium rolling company. It is one of the three biggest producers of primary aluminium in Asia, with the largest single location copper smelter
• No.1 in viscose staple fibre
• No.1 in carbon black
• The fourth-largest producer of insulators
• The fifth-largest producer of acrylic fibre
• Among the top 10 cement producers globally
• Among the best energy-efficient fertiliser plants
• The largest Indian MNC with manufacturing operations in the USA, wherein 95 per cent of the workforce comprises of Americans
Aditya Birla Group – The Indian Scenario
• A top fashion (branded apparel) and lifestyle player
• The second-largest player in viscose filament yarn
• The largest producer in the chlor-alkali sector
• Among the top three mobile telephony companies
• A leading player in life insurance and asset management
• Among the top two supermarket chains in the retail business
Aditya Birla Group – Beyond Business
• Reaches out annually to 7.5 million people through the Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development, spearheaded by Mrs. Rajashree Birla.
• Works in 5,000 villages globally.
• Focuses on: health-care, education, the girl child, sustainable livelihood, women empowerment projects, infrastructure and espousing social reform.
• Runs 42 schools which provide quality education to 45,000 children. Of these 18,000 students belong to the underprivileged segment. Merit Scholarships are given to 24,000 children from the interiors.
• Its 18 hospitals tend to more than a million villagers.
• Ongoing education, healthcare and sustainable livelihood projects in Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Egypt, Korea and Brazil, lift thousands of people out of poverty.
• Set up the Aditya Birla India Centre at the London Business School.
The Aditya Birla Group transcends conventional barriers of business because we believe it is our duty to facilitate inclusive growth.